1. If the main villain of your favorite book/movie/TV series showed up on your front doorstep, what would you do? (Explain who it is first...)
I have too many favourite books, so I'll choose Firelord Ozai from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Which is one of the best cartoons ever made, seriously.
So, Ozai is a power-hungry firebender who wants to take over the entire world while subjecting others to his rule. Think almost Hitler-like. Like other firebenders, Ozai can shoot fire at you through a method of fancy moves based off a certain style of martial arts.
So how do you fight such a vicious foe? I would lure Ozai outside my home, and then.... spray him with the garden hose!! Water-bending!
2. Now supposing the heroes opposite this villain showed up just after your exchange. What would you do then?
So the heroes of this series include Aang, the Avatar, who masters all the elements of water, fire, earth, and air. He happens to be an airbender. His friends are Katara, a young waterbender, Sokka, her sarcastic, boomerang-wielding bro, and Toph, a sassy blind earthbender.
I would go hang-gliding with Aang, get into water fight with Katara, ask Toph for good comebacks, and persuade (coughcoughbullycoughcough) Sokka into marrying me. Our wedding would be full of sarcasm and meat.
3. So... moving on, the heroes defeat the villain (with some help from you, of course- whatever it may be. ;) But the next day, you're just walking along, minding your own business, when you suddenly come across the same villain... who is now lying in the dust severely wounded and unconscious. What do you do?
Well, actually, I defeated the villain before the heroes showed up. They just had to drag him away, but you know, whatever, right? Point is, he's done for.
But Ozai's pretty good at slipping through the cracks.... I would probably tend his wounds than call Aang and the gang up to come back and get him--and scold them into taking stricter measures to keep the thug locked up.
4. Now his minions show up and kidnap both you and him and take you to their universe (or version of your universe, whatever it happens to be.) Your reaction?
Ahhh, firebenders! Then oohhh, firebenders! Can you give me some tips? Plus, they have cute little turtle-ducks and interesting animals and locations to explore! In-between moments of heart-stopping terror, I'd probably be really excited. After all, it's a whole new world, a fantastic new point of view.... No one can tell us no, or where to go.... Whoops, wrong universe.....
5. Your fantastic heroes have arrived to rescue you- but now you're faced with a choice. The villain, out of gratitude for your earlier help, (assuming you actually did help him when he was wounded) has offered you a chance to travel back to your own universe. However, the heroes warn you not to trust him. The only other way for you to get back home is to travel with the heroes on a long and dangerous journey... and there's no guarantee that you'll survive.
What. Do. You. Do.
Go with the heroes, obviously. Even if I don't survive, it's more time with Sokka (sigh)--oh, and everyone else, too, of course! The gang always ends up in interesting situations, plus if I die in that universe, there's a cool spirit world waiting for me on the other side. So it's all good.
~TAG YOU'RE IT:
Grace at Fictionally
Rissi at Dreaming Under the Same Moon
Kara at Flowers of Quiet Happiness
Amber at Seasons of Humility
Once you're tagged, you can take these same interview questions and answer them in your own way on your blog. If the people tagged don't really want to join in, they don't have to! If any of you reading this would like to partcipate, consider yourself now tagged!